The first to be certified Passive House in Co. Kerry.
Timberframe construction with the following wall build up:
- Cement board as weathershield
- ventilated cavity
- 220mm timberstuds
- filled with 220mm Daemmstatt cellulose
- pro clima Intello airtightness system
- 2″ service cavity filled with Thermo Hemp insulation
The roof is insulated on ceiling level with nominal 450mm open blown cellulose (510mm Daemmstatt cellulose installed allowing for settlement as per manufactorers instruction).
Internal walls are filled with 90mm cellulose for soundproofing.
The preliminary airtight test came in at an excellent 0.36 airchanges/hour.
clíoma house carried out the following work:
- consultancy on cellulose installation
- Installation of 120m² Daemmstatt cellulose to the external walls at a thickness of 220mm
- Installation of 127m² Daemmstatt cellulose to the internal walls at athickness of 90mm
- Installation of 181m² Daemmstatt cellulose in the attic at a thickness of 510mm (nominal 450mm)
- Minor airtightness work like sealing pipe penetrations